Bed bugs, Cimex lectularius, are one of, if not the most, difficult to manage structurally infesting insects. Inadequate understanding of bed bug behaviour, and biology, often leads to serious control failure. For treatments that do not include Thermal Heat, Integrated Pest Management strategies (IPM), are the basis for the most safe and effective Bed Bug treatments available in Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville, Qualicum, and Port Alberni.
Nanaimo Pest Control has extensive experience dealing with bed bugs!
IPM Treatment Process –
- Pre-Treatment Inspection – this is done to assess the level of infestation, areas of highest activity, and design the most appropriate treatment for your situation.
- We use HEPA filtered vacuums to remove visible bed bugs and eggs where possible.
- WE DO NOT SPRAY FOR BED BUGS… PERIOD. Bed bugs are highly resistant to pyrethroid insecticides. We utilize desiccant dusts that act mechanically rather than chemically to control bed bugs hiding in cracks and crevices.
- Interception devices, or pitfall traps are used to capture bed bugs, monitor populations, and treatment progress.
- Box Spring Encasements are included for increased accuracy of monitoring, and eliminating the complex harbourage box springs provide bed bugs.
- The use of steam can be applied to areas containing bed bug eggs.
(Most pesticides will not kill bed bug eggs.)
- All treatment programs include multiple services (depending on level of infestation) and a follow up monitoring inspection. to verify control has been achieved.